GREAT LESSONS FOR SALE

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Monday, January 4, 2016

5 Easy Activities for any Class

5 ACTIVITIES THAT CAN BE ADDED TO ANY CLASS

Exit Slip:  I think that exit slips can be a great tool to use to ensure that students have grasped the content.  I would not have them write it out on a piece of paper though, I would have them post it on Edmodo and then have the students make one comment on another post.  This makes it more interactive and engaging then just writing something down on the paper.  P would display the comments through my LCD projector and watch the class work and the exit ticket was answered.

Quick-write:  Having kids quickly write down what confuses them can be a good tool to get questions answered quickly.  I can easily do this with the Edmodo discussion board and ensure that all students fully grasp the concepts that I am trying to teach.

Pamphlet:  Using a pamphlet is a great way to get students to grasp a concept.  I like using Microsoft publisher as it already has templates set up and allows student to simply fill in the blanks.  When I assign an assignment like this though I do not think that I want to just tell the students to create a pamphlet but play on a theme of theme being a travel agency or an expert that is hired to design and create a pamphlet to show that there are real jobs for designing things. 

Comic Strip:  Using a comic strip to teach a topic is a great tool to teach a concept.  Bitstrips is an easy tool that the students can use and then share on Edmodo or on their blog.  I may add to this type of activity by actually having the students draw some of the cartoons using Pencil Madness or Clker which are great drawing websites.  I do not always like the copy and paste activities, I want my students to design and create.    


Advertisement:  I like the idea of using advertisements and have done this a few times to create wanted posters or hero or villain posters.  Now that I am a tech teacher I like the idea of commercials where students would create a video to get information across like a 30 sec commercial.  Maybe even an animated commercial with the program Frames.  

No comments:

Post a Comment