GREAT LESSONS FOR SALE

Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Monday, January 4, 2016

Kahoot: Awesome Website for Education

KAHOOT IN EDUCATION IS A BIG DEAL

Kahoot is an awesome program that I have used a few times in the past year.  I have made several games and just made a real quick math one to quiz my son and daughter in their math facts and they love it.  I used it at the beginning of the year not for students but for a staff professional development on PBIS.  I was tired of PowerPoint presentations, so I presented PBIS real fast and then gave the staff a quiz.  It was probably the best PD I ever did and I had the staff’s attention.  Then the staff wanted a PD on Kahoot because they found it so much fun.  I thought about using this program for actual quizzes as it was suggested in the video, but I see it more as a fun toy than something I want to use for a graded quiz.  For graded quizzes I would still use Edmodo or Google forms with Flabaroo.  Kahoot has its place to make learning more exciting, but not for tests and quizzes as the kids are too excited when playing Kahoots.      

No comments:

Post a Comment